A 13-week recovery group at Rehoboth Baptist Church. September 14, 2016 through December 7, 2016. Click here for more information.
A support group for all who have loved ones suffering with mental illness, addictions, and or life challenging situations.
Come and learn practical wisdom and help from an ancient family in the biblical story of Job. Hear how one family fell apart and suffered much yet found hope and strength in the midst of devastating circumstances.
Share your story in a safe and confidential setting and gain insight from the challenges and successes of others going through similar situations.
This is a support group that meets weekly and seeks to find God’s perspective on life’s sufferings and struggles to help bring hope, healing, comfort and encouragement to the tired and weary.
We currently do not have a support group scheduled but please check back later for more information.
What we ask
- Show honor and respect to all participants
- Be sensitive to dominating the discussion
- Do not attempt to “fix” others in the group
- Share your experiences
- What is said in the group stays in the group
What you can expect
- Brief presentation of relevant topic
- Safe, non-judgmental environment
- Experienced discussion facilitator
- Freedom to share or just listen
- Supportive atmosphere
- Practical ideas for difficult struggles
- Helpful resource information
- Personal validation of your pain and fear
- Sense that you are not alone in this struggle
- Complete confidentiality of information shared
- To learn from one another
Support Group Format
- Open the group session with prayer
- Explore the biblical story of Job
- Read select passages each week
- Respond to facilitator’s questions
- Discuss any connections between participant’s experience and Job’s
- Share current struggles and similar experiences